Scott D. Pattison
Issue brief highlights three key factors that make the current financing system for higher education unsustainable.
Informative seminar focused on communication strategies, budgeting from the perspective of a director and an analyst, and in-depth analysis of budget requests.
Budget officers from 29 states gathered to discuss state fiscal issues.
NASBO in the News
Fear of U.S. Cuts Grows in States Where Aid Flows (February 22)
- States' Fragile Recovery at Risk (January 23)
- Uncertainty from Washington Continues for States (January 4)
- Fiscal Cliff Deal a Mixed Bag for State, Local Leaders (January 3)
- Beyond the Cliff: Muni Market Breathes Temporary Sigh of Relief (January 3)
- State, local government finances humming again (January 3)
- US state, local spending expands for first time in 3 years (December 20)
- As State Budgets Rebound, Federal Cuts Could Pose Danger (December 14)
- US states inch closer to pre-recession prosperity (December 14)
- State Tax Revenue Rebounds as Post-Recession Spending Rises (December 14)
- States face double fiscal whammy: Federal aid cuts and spiraling health-care costs (December 14)
- States still targeting Medicaid pay to contain costs (June 25)
- C-SPAN Washington Journal Interview (June 26)
- State, local spending at lowest point since '80's (June 20)
- Budget Turnarounds: Some States Socking Cash Away (June 19)
- States trim rate of spending growth (June 12)
- State revenue tops forecast as U.S. governors reduce spending (June 12)
- Revenues recover but states still tight fisted (June 12)
- As state revenues recover, health costs remain a burden (June 12)