Membership is reserved solely for employees in Executive branch budget offices. Each state or territory may designate up to 3 Primary Members—directors of state finance departments, the states’ chief budget officers, and their deputies. All staff members in NASBO-member budget offices are Associate Members.
NASBO membership is divided into the following two categories:
- Primary Members - Directors, deputy directors, and assistant directors in the Executive Budget Offices of each state and territory.
- Associate Members - Analysts and administrative assistants in the Executive Budget Offices of each state and territory.
Friends of NASBO
While there is no formal membership for individuals working outside of an Executive branch state budget office, we encourage you to participate as:
- Alumni - Former members of NASBO who are not currently employed in the private sector.
- Private Sector - Private sector employees; many are also NASBO meeting sponsors.
- Government - Employees in other state agencies, as well as employees working in localities or the federal government.
- Associations, Educational Institutions, and Non-Profits - Friends of NASBO who represent institutions of higher learning, associations and non-profits.
- Media - Members of the press interested in state finance issues.
NASBO encourages anyone interested in state budget issues to sign up to receive our weekly e-publications, utilize our data and fiscal publications and attend our meetings to network and gain value information on state finances.